Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksiving Meme

While surfing, I found this meme at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/

1. Which do you like better: cooking at your house, or going elsewhere?


I've never hosted Thanksgiving at my home. What?! Yup, I'm almost 47 and never hosted. It was always held at either my mom's or at my older sister's home. This year my sister's oldest son will be hosting it (he just moved and has a spacious house)....not sure who's cooking the turkey (all I know is that it's not me).


2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird?

To the best of my knowledge it's a Butterball frozen...but is always thawed before hitting the oven rack (so does that make it semi-fresh? ROTFLOL)


3. What kind of stuffing?

I like my mom's stuffing...but I'll gobble down whatever is in the bird.


4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie?

Pumpkin pie with a big dollop of whipping cream!! There is nothing better!


5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing?

What left-overs? When you eat at their house, they get all the perks of raiding the fridge later. So I guess I get the "curse" and they get the blessing.


6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu?

Mom's "Luscious Potatoes"...she has to make them EVERY time we get together.


7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock?

What carcass?! What soup?! See question 1 & 5.


8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier?

Well, it doesn't get much easier than just bringing a dish to pass.


9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour?

See question 1 ....I get to sleep in. neener, neener, neener! LOL We eat around 2.


10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring?

The relish tray and dip (no point in slaving myself ROTFLOL).


11. What do you wish one of your guests would not bring to your house? What would you like them to bring?

We all contribute to the dinner, and there is a slew of us so there is enough food to please everyone.


12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see?

We’re all thankful and blessed to be able to spend the time together....we're one big, happy family!!!


13. Is your cranberry sauce fresh or canned? Whole or jellied?

Canned jellied (I won't eat anything else!)


14. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu?

Turkey!!!

14. Share one family tradition.

My sister Judy says a few words recapping the year as a family and how we've been blessed before saying grace and eating. She has a real knack for making this prelude very meaningful and moving. Sometimes she then has us go around the room and tell what we are thankful for before saying grace.

Your turn....Just copy this meme, post your own answers on your blog, and link back to me.
Hugs, Lisajo

No comments: