Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Great White-Tail Deer Hunter

My oldest son Ryan bagged his first deer today on my property. His brother and I helped track it. At the point where he shot it, there was a small tuft of fur so he knew he'd hit it. I found a couple more tufts of hair but no blood trail. I followed a couple of tracks that were leading from the blueberry field to the back woods. I came upon a deer run in the woods and decided to follow it. I found the blood trail and then a large spot where it appeared to have laid down and called to the boys who were still in the blueberry field. We spread out to track it but no luck and no more blood. As we were heading back to the blood, Kyle found the doe only 10 feet from him. Their dad came over and helped field dress it. We are so happy for Ryan!! Whoo-hooooo! It was such a joy to share your success with you, hon! Congratulations, Ryan! Love you!!!

Hugs, Lisajo (and mom)

1 comment:

MYWOMBATS said...

MY GOD? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? YOU GO ON AND ON ABOUT THE LOVE OF GOD..AND THEN I COME ACROSS THIS GARBAGE.WHAT CRUELTY DID THIS POOR DEFENCELESS DEER HAVE TO ENDURE SO YOU COULD GET YOUR SICK KICKS..I DESPISE FOOLS LIKE YOU. I CAN ONLY HOPE " YOUR GOD " HAS THE VERY SAME END IN SIGHT FOR YOU. SOONER THAN LATER